Gratitude

Tonight, I'm thankful.  I'm thankful for the opportunity to share my life with you as you have so amazingly followed this blog on a daily basis.  Yesterday, I took the day to not write and just let the events of the past few days and the responses to those events settle into my heart and mind.  There have already been so many things written and reported about the tragedy at Sandy Hook.  I even attempted to offer my suggestions on what we could do to decrease the frequency with which these things happen.  I'm not sure if there is one suggestion that will work, we just need to unite and really walk the walk instead of talking the talk.

Enough of that, I'm going to keep it short tonight and stick to the theme of gratitude.  In the month of November a lot of people take each day to state that for which they are thankful.  Do what you can to find something in your life that you are thankful for on a daily basis not just in the month of November, but every day of every month.  There is so much to be thankful for in your life.  Yes, we all have bad days or hard times but, we can also learn to be thankful for those moments.  I think I read somewhere that without hard times we'd take all of the good times for granted.  I don't know if that's true for everyone, but I do know that I'm thankful all of the ups and downs that I've experienced that have molded and shaped me into the man I am today.  I'm thankful for my talents and gifts and the opportunities to share those with you in various ways.  I am thankful for friends: fair weather and true.  I am thankful for family, for Love, for knowledge and wisdom.  I am thankful for all of you who believe in me and for those of you who doubt me.

I could go on and on as there is a laundry list of things for which I am thankful. Please remember to tell those you Love and appreciate that you Love and appreciate them.  Be kind to one another and say thank you when someone does something for you.  I don't know how many times I've held a door for someone who happened to be walking behind me and they didn't thank me.  At work, take the time to thank your customers and customers take the time to say thank you to those who are offering you a service.  Since the news and media seem to only broadcast the negative things that happen to us on a daily basis, let's do a better job of finding the positive things that happen in life and do an even better job making those things known.  Let's do what we can, not only in times of heartache and disaster, but every single day, to weaken the chain of negativity one link of positivity at a time.  Even gratitude appreciates being appreciated.

Thank you for your time!






Comments

Popular Posts