Patience

I am waiting.  I am waiting to be told that I am cast in a role I badly want and worked my butt off to land and yet I wait.  I spend hours upon hours working on sides and character choices, what I'll wear for the audition, what time I'll arrive,  what is the best way to get there, what time I'll get to work, etc.  After the callback I felt like I did the best I could possibly do and put out into the Universe that I am being cast in this role.  Now, I wait.  The waiting isn't so hard for me because I have already confidently sent out the positive vibe that I am being cast.  The waiting is hard for my friends and family.  They want to know ASAP if I've heard anything and if I have contacted the director.  I preach and practice patience.  I know that everything is as it is meant to be at this moment and have faith in myself, in my ability, my talent, my work and God that in due time, I am being cast in this role.

As an artist in the performing arts, we hurry up and wait.  We learn patience.  It is less exhausting and less stressful when you can find the ability to say, "Peace, be still" to yourself.  Always do your best no matter what it is that you are doing.  The final result is coming, no doubt about that.  The meantime from your effort to the result can be a time of reflection, appreciation and practice.  Reflect on the journey to this point and think of what you learned in terms of time management and devotion.  Appreciate the opportunity you were given to be able to do what you did at the level you did it.  Appreciate that you are one of few who are in this position as many are called but the chosen are few.  Practice enjoying this moment and being at peace in it.  What has happened is in the past and you did what you did.  Did you do all you could have done?  Only you know that.  If you did, then the gift of patience will feel as though it is just that: a gift.

Patience gives you the ability to ease on down the road.  You are able to relax, to be considerate and groove with the flow of life.  When we lose or lack patience, notice how things seem to be chaotic and stressful?  People are always in our way, we can't get there fast enough, nothing goes the way we want or need it to go, and we are constantly misunderstood.  If we can learn to breathe, and take things one step, one moment at a time, the path clears, we are able to move freely and quicker than before, the things we were forcing seem to fall into place and not only are we better understood because we're taking our time, we better understand.  I tell people: don't go chasing time, for soon, you will have your own.  Your time is coming.  In fact, it is already here, be patient, relax, laugh at the things that confuse you knowing you are gaining understanding and enjoy it.






Comments

Popular Posts